[Coco] Development environment

Hugo Dufort hugo at seshat.ca
Sun Mar 15 23:42:25 EDT 2015

Richard, if you try my DOS game "Ikham" (mentioned in my previous
message) in DosBox, you can actually press CTRL+F12 a few times so that
the emulator runs faster. I've found that at 20,000+ cycles the game is
much smoother, with no delay between moves.

About DynoSprite, have you made the source code available? I have run
the demos, but I'm not sure I have downloaded the sources if they're
available.

By the way, I have worked on my sprite rendering routines for the Coco3
tonight and so far everything works as planned. I can create a sprite
structure in memory, load pixels in the structure, and render it with
transparency and "semi-transparency" (palette trick).

Hugo

Le 2015-03-07 01:40, Richard Goedeken a écrit :
> Hi Hugo,
>
> I'm glad that you like DynoSprite.  I'll definitely be writing at least one
> game with it, though it will probably take quite a while to finish.  I've also
> written lots of x86 assembly, though it's been mostly SIMD stuff since the
> late 90s.
>
> Was there anything published with your sprite rendering code, or was it just a
> personal project?  I've always liked this sort of software.
>
> Richard
>
> On 03/06/2015 06:03 AM, Hugo Dufort wrote:
>> Hi Richard, I was really impressed by Dynosprite, and I have started reading
>> the source ASM code to learn a few tricks. I hope you or other people will
>> develop a platform game with your engine.
>>
>> I have developed a few fast sprite rendering algorithms (with transparency)
>> when I was programming on the 80x86 in graphics modes using 16 and 256 colors.
>> One of the techniques allowed a limited number of colors for the sprites and
>> the sprite background, but the rendering loop in ASM had a single "OR" operation.
>>
>> Hugo

---