[Coco] 1mb and 2mb memory upgrades

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 10:16:18 EDT 2015

Brian, Gene says his doesn't need external power (2 meg). Maybe some of the first ones did (??).
I do know my 1-meg upgrade has a monster 9v PS.
The one thing I do know for sure, is that I would be lost on a 512k machine in NitrOS9 now. I am so used to opening all the windows I want, and running graphics while doing so. Not to mention my current projects which use virtual memory and make use of any extra memory available (MShell & BootMajik) for data and variable storage.
The 1 & 2 meg upgrades are the kind of thing that you never knew you needed them until you've had them and have to do without them.
I ocassionally run VCC in 512k mode (usually in 2 meg) to test my software to make sure I'm still in the 512k range and when I do, I have to revert right back to 2-meg to continue developement due to all the editors and big ramdisk I like to run while developing software. Not to mention keeping all the C compiler modules in memory.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com