[Coco] "New" Coco 1 with keyboard and composite adapter

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Fri Mar 13 10:11:42 EDT 2015

Did you find that computer with the composite adapter already in it, and
the custom keyboard?  (What was it called, HJL?  JHL?  Can't remember).
I'm always on the look out for my original color computer I lost track
of 25 years ago, which had aforementioned keyboard, a home brew
composite adapter, which would make machine pretty unique.  And I've
mentioned this next bit before also:  The computer had a flawed burn of
extended basic, so the MID$ statement (not function) would fail.  So for
example the following test program would hang the machine:

10 A$="HALLO"
20 MID$(A$,2,1)="E"
30 PRINT A$

If the program completes, it is someone else's long lost coco.  If it
hangs on line 20, you're working with an old machine of mine :)

-RobertH