[Coco] 6 Chip ^809 Computer -> Kipper SBC

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 01:28:11 EDT 2015

Hi Salvador,
I used a cable with the RS-232 DB9 female connector on since I had an old laptop with a 9-pin serial port on it.  The USB2TTL cable is an interesting idea and simple to implement.  The header can easily be added.  One point to mention concerning the cable in the link you provided.  No !RTS lead exists so no flow control is possible.  Another cable will need to be found.  I'll go ahead and put a 5 pin header on the Kipper SBC tonight.  I think I'm going to start back using Kipper SBC v1, add the 5 pin USB2TTL header, add the 74LS138 to further decode the $A000-$BFFF I/O address area, then see what else I wish to do.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com