[Coco] Kipper SBC v1.1

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 00:09:05 EDT 2015

Hi Joe,
> So with this design, if I wanted a serial port I'd have to build a board with a uart and max232 and connect it to the Kipper bus?
That problem was racing through my mind as I was adding the Terminal/Keyboard onto the Kipper SBC v1.1 PCB.  I of course realized this after the fact.  <sheepish grin here!>  Don't worry though, Kipper SBC v1 still has the MAX232 chip and the RS-232 DB9 female connector. A couple of parts more and the modified !RTS can be on it as well.
I really want to put the Terminal/Keyboard on a separate PCB giving the user the option to use either the RS-232 port for PC communications and have a storage possibility via the list command with copy and paste options in Hyperterminal or use the separate Terminal/Keyboard with no storage capability as of yet anyway.  Maybe some type of switching on the fly between the RS-232 port and the Terminal/Keyboard could be devised or how about I add the MAX232 chip and the RS-232 DB9 Female connector back in with both options connected together and just use one at a time.  Thoughts?

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com