[Coco] ROM Development question

Lou Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:03:07 EDT 2015

Reading the posts about Kips SBC, has me wondering about how one
develops the ROM image for use on an SBC like Kips/Grants.  If I were
starting from scratch and going through many many iterations I would
hate to have to burn/erase/burn/erase an EPROM.  I guess an EEPROM would
work, but that requires you to extract, program, insert, extract,
program, insert... etc...   Is there a better way?  I suppose that using
an emulator might work, but are the ROM images exactly the same as what
is used to program an (E)EPROM.  Excuse my ignorance on this as I have
never dealt with (E)EPROMS, but I want to.

Speaking of programming EEPROMS, what is a good low cost one, I think
someone just mentioned this, and I feel like I have asked this before lol.

Lou

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>