[Coco] Basic Program Submissions for the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator Basic Programming Contest.

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Mar 9 14:14:15 EDT 2015

Hi Joe,
The pdf in my dropbox was created from two pdfs that are distributed with the DTSS simulator for windows.  Go to
http://dtss.dartmouth.edu/.  The link to get the simulator is near the bottom of the web page.  It says " Download: [Windows]|[Macintosh]".  Download the DTSS-Win.zip file, unzip and read through the documentation.  It will tell you everything you need to know.  No need to install anything if memory serves.
A few of us are finding that this simulator crashes easily, so getting a Basic Program to function correctly will be quite gratifying!  :)
I've heard from other users that the simulator seems to have a 3K maximum buffer for Basic programs.  One user has found that he could
10 DIM A(2000)
quite successfully.  Don't try copying anything from the simulator output as it will immediately and abruptly crash.  Also depending on how you print and what you print, the length of the line seems to be different.  I wonder what else we all will find out about this emulator.  Fun times!  :)  Please let us know what all you find out about.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com