[Coco] Minted buffer size

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:07:58 EST 2015

The internal malloc system implemented does not compute free space. It's a
costly operation to run through all free memory chunks computing them. It
never does that except where the memory is over.

If you want to play, in the @input loop, create a counter variable, and
when it reaches 10 keystrokes call this method:

_mcheck
ldx #1024
lbsr __malloc
lbcs @error
lbsr _free
rts
@error
ldb #E$MemFul
lbra _error

But it should count only edit keystrokes, not navigational. So increment
the counter in each of the: @enter, @delete, @backspace, @char, @ctrl_k,
@ctrl_d, @ctrl_u

This would make it :)

Luis Felipe Antoniosi