[Coco] Coco-SDC

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 00:39:07 EST 2015

I have reviewed as much of the available information as I could for the
Coco-SDC, but I still have a couple of burning questions.

I understand the the SDC fits into the MPI along with a controller for a set
of floppies, and it can be used to transfer files between the two.  On my
Coco3, I currently have a set of floppies along with a SCSI hard drive
system, all accessible by HDBDOS in the controller card.  I wrote an ML
program to back up one SCSI HD to another, sector by sector, without needing
to use the floppy drives.  I have about 30 SCSI HD cartridges filled with
software.

My goal would be to copy every file from each SCSI hard drive cartridge to
the Coco-SDC, just as I can currently to a second SCSI HD cartridge.  Is
there any way to do this without going through floppies as an intermediary,
using two separate Coco3 systems sitting next to each other?  Is a SCSI HD
compatible with the Coco-SDC, or is that mixing up two systems and will
never work?  What would be the easiest method to transfer all the files from
my SCSI HD to the Coco-SDC?

Thanks!

--- Steve ---