[Coco] dumb question of the month

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Mar 2 18:27:09 EST 2015

Hi all;

What the heck is the name, and exec syntax of the basic program on hdbdos
drive0 of the hard drive, that redoes the 5 byte bootfile location &
size in LSN0 of the hard drive?
It should be there, but the directory listing scrolls about 1/3rd of
whats there offscreen at 300 mph.  And I know so little about rsdos that
I can't even call up a hires screen which would probably show it.

While working on bootlink (I found the wrong data display bug & fixed
that) and tried to reboot it, forgetting that my experimental run of the
fixed code had made the default drive $84, which is where I was playing
with level 3 stuff until I gave it up because what we have is
incomplete.  So now I can't reboot into nitros9 without testing 30
floppies to see which one will work.

Yes, I know, paint that stuff on the wall dummy...  Get out your wet
noodle whips etc etc.

And I didn't figure the recent precip had saturated the ground either,
but I have about 1/8" of water on the basement floor, every place there
a hairline crack its wet, so now my feet, in stockings around the house,
are cold & wet.  Distracting.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)