[Coco] Hi! I'm new here!

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 2 07:59:36 EST 2015

Hugo Dufort wrote:
> Thanks Robert! I have found the exact address earlier today by fiddling with a
> little basic kamikaze program.
> I started by using Basic's hscreen to clear the graphics area, then returned to
> a text screen.
> Then I did a few pokes to initialize graphics and move the pointer a bit.
> This one seems to work okay for now. I will start working with memory pages and
> fine-tuned scrolling tomorrow.
>
> ========
> 50 rem Clearing graphic viewport, then closing it
> 60 hscreen 2
> 70 hcircle(160,100),90
> 75 hscreen 0
> 80 cls
> 81 print "Initializing High-res graphics. Press any key."
> 82 c$=inkey$
> 83 if(c$="") goto 82
> 90 G1=192
> 95 G0=0
> 96 G=G1*256+G0
> 100 poke &hFF98,192
> 110 poke &hFF99,30
> 120 poke &hFF9D,G1
> 130 poke &hFF9E,G0
> 140 poke &hFF90,76
> 200 c$=inkey$
> 220 if(c$="") goto 200
> 222 G = G+160
> 225 G1 = FIX(G/256)
> 226 G0 = G-G1*256
> 230 poke &hff9d,G1
> 231 poke &hff9e,G0
> 240 goto 200

Hugo,

Why do you want to do things the hard way? :)

Here is how you can get a 320x200x16 screen and use the Basic commands. There
may be a few more POKEs needed to correct all drawing routines.

10 POKE&HE06D,&H3E:POKE&HE6C6,&H21:REM HSCREEN2 320x200x16. Prevent auto HCLS
20 POKE&HE6C0,100:REM   Set vertical center at 100
30 HSCREEN2
40 HCLS3:REM   Done on command instead of automatically
50 POKE&HEB75,199:REM   Max vertical value for HCIRCLE
60 HCIRCLE(159,99),100
70 GOTO70

Robert