[Coco] Questions, Questions, Questions..

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 30 13:48:24 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill"
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:53 AM
Subject: [Coco] Questions, Questions, Questions..

> Seems like my dementia sneaks in a little earlier every day. I'm trying to
> set my system up so I can telnet into my Coco, but cannot remember exactly
> what to add to /dd/sys/password or /dd/sys/inetd.conf
>

> Can anyone jog my memory (while I still have one)?
>

> Thanks
>

> --

Here are a couple of links that may be helpful.

http://sourceforge.net/p/drivewireserver/wiki/Using_DriveWire/#inetd

http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/wiki/Commands/#login

>From the first link:

For example, to provide the output of "dir /DD/CMDS" on port 1234,
inetd.conf would contain a line like:
1234,dir,/DD/CMDS

To provide an OS-9 shell to telnet users on port 6809, you might add this
line:
6809 telnet auth protect banner,shell,

>From the second link:

Here is the system default validation file:

,,0,128,/D0/CMDS,.,SHELL
USER1,,1,128,.,.,SHELL
USER2,,2,128,.,.,SHELL
USER3,,3,128,.,.,SHELL
USER4,,4,128,.,.,SHELL

In this sample, the useruser's record, the first entry, contains no name or
password.The ID number is 0, the initial process priority is 128, the
execution directory is /D0/CMDS,and the root directory is the initial data
directory. The initial program to execute is shell.The second entry is the
same except the user's name is the default USER1.