[Coco] Coco 2 64k - heat issue?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 28 13:39:05 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "K. Pruitt"
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Coco 2 64k - heat issue?

> You can grab power for a 5v fan from diodes D1 or D2.

Actually you can run a 12v fan from D1 or D2. I have the print out (it's
page 10) of a small article called "Cool you RAM with a FAN" but I have no
idea where it is from.

The article recommends a fan from Radio Shack (#273-244) as is fits between
the ribs of the CoCo's case perfectly, and it does. But despite what the
article says, this fan will either hit the case or the 512K board. There is
no genuine sweet spot that allows this fan to not hit one or the other - at
least not with my 512k board. Maybe the Tandy upgrade board was thinner.