[Coco] KQ3 CoCO SDC Image

John B trymyz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:39:04 EDT 2015

I just recently (2hrs ago) got my new CoCo3 up and running.  I purchased
the CoCo SDC board and it works great.  I tried a few games and all seems
well.  However I did hit one snag.  I downloaded Kings Quest 3 and copied
over the file/image from the "CoCo SDC" folder.  I figured this would be
the best disk image to use.  I mounted the image as drive 0, but  when I
type "DOS", it just clears the screen and says "OK".  Doing "Dir" produces
the standard ?FS Error.  Its been over 25 years since I played with a
CoCo3, so please forgive my ignorance.  From what I remember it should have
booted the game.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there something special with
the CoCo SDC images?