[Coco] Backing up a HD to an SD

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Jun 13 18:23:29 EDT 2015

If the hard drive is OS9 formatted, you don't have to modify the dsave output, or change makdir, you can just run this:
CHD /OD
DSAVE -T /ND ! SHELL -P

The makdir command may throw some errors if a directory already exist, but the process does not abort, try it.
The dsave and copy commands on the current version of NitrOS9 also support a -r option to replace existing files.

Please note, this works if the hard drive is OS9 formatted. Some of my message were discussing how to copy a Disk Extended BASIC/HDBDOS/RGBDOS formatted drive, which is much harder, short of manually copying each floppy section out to a floppy, of course, which could take a while depending on if you are using all 255 HDB/RGB DOS drive segments.