[Coco] Backing up a HD to an SD

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Sat Jun 13 12:34:20 EDT 2015

On 6/12/2015 8:53 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 12 June 2015 21:07:48 Bob Devries wrote:
>> George,
>> provided that the descriptors for both the HD and the SD are identical
>> as to size, then backup should do it. However, I find that I have less
>> problems by using DSAVE.
>>
>> Regards, Bob Devries
>> Dalby, QLD, Australia
> So do I, George & Bob.  I usually run it to generate the script, and then
> execute the script.  But be aware that my new makdir might be needed
> unless starting with an empty target medium.  The diff?  The new one
> doesn't call making an existing directory an error that kills the
> script, it just keep chugging along.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
  It's interesting how discussing this brings back my memories from the
past. I remember now ....
  After "dsave" makes the script to copy all the stuff, I then would use
"sled" to edit the file to alter the existing commands to chd to an
existing directory and then copy all the files into that directory. I
THINK, copy has an attribute to make it overwrite and existing file when
it saves it. I have to check on that.
  There's quite a bit of things I've forgotten since my accident about
2.5 years ago.
  Now I need to check my monitor connectors and make sure I can plug one
into the same connector on the other(main) computer to make these
changes. Once done, I can do the conversion on the other "main" coco.
  Then I'll need to get that video converter so I can put a new monitor
on it.
  Once that's done, then life will be good again.
  There's still more to do so I can get the "main" coco connected to
this new-to-me PC. This one has no RS232 connections and I need one of
those USB to RS232 thingies, and the software I used to use to connect
in the old school protocols. This W7 darned thing does not support any
of that.
George R