[Coco] DE-0 Nano Successfully Programmed!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:30:29 EDT 2015

On Sun, 7 Jun 2015, Steve Batson wrote:

> 2) Currently, you are talking about desoldering female connectors
> because doing it back to back did not work...this is totally confusing
> to me as this board does not indicate soldering anything back to back.
> It shows two female header connectors so you can simply mount this board
> to the DE0 Nano. What am I missing here?

The piggyback board is supposed to have a pair of female headers mounted
on the bottom to mate with the DE0 Nano.  Kip mentioned that he
accidentally soldered _male_ headers to all of the PCBS.  It's an easy
"thinko" to make and I came very close to doing the same thing when
assembling mine.

Folks have suggested several methods for removing and replacing the male
headers.  After thinking it over, I agree that yanking or breaking off the
plastic carrier and pulling the pins one-by-one is probably the safest
approach, albeit time-consuming.