[Coco] Benchtop Power Supply Recomendations Requested

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Wed Jun 3 12:23:17 EDT 2015

How about putting a fuse in the circuit rated at the max current you
would want going to whatever is being connected. This might not be
ideal for every situation since some damage may be done before the fuse
blows though. Current Limiting could be done with resistors. For some
quick test stuff, I'd be ok with an ATX supply, however if I was doing a
lot of tinkering, the power supply recommended would certainly be a good
bet and the price is right.

> Some really terrible ATX power supplies don't like being unloaded and
will

> oscillate themselves to destruction. But if it's a freebie, who
cares.