[Coco] Benchtop Power Supply Recomendations Requested

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:14:36 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:31 PM, K. Pruitt wrote:
> Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the input.
>
> I think I'm going to go with the one Andrew linked to below. I've literally
> looked at hundreds of different models and this one does seem to have
> exactly what I need and at a good price.

Just one word of warning, some power supplies have annoyingly loud
fans, which is hard to tell from the datasheets and pictures. It is of
course very individual how much of a nuisance that is. Just as an
example, this one would be too noisy on my hobby desk:
http://export.farnell.com/tenma/72-10480/power-supply-1ch-30v-3a-adjustable/dp/2251946

>From the photos, the one Andrew linked to seems to have a simple fan
which kicks in at 50°C.

Tormod