[Coco] Higher graphics mode (256 color mode?)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Jul 15 17:08:21 EDT 2015

A couple of questions occur to me:

1.  You say the graphics are repeated 4 times across the screen.  Could
there be any way in this mode to change one of the 4 areas without
similarly affecting the other three?  (I tend to doubt it.)

2.  Are we sure that this is really 1024 pixel resolution?  It could be,
for example, that the 4 areas are in fact only reproducing every 2nd or
every 4th horizontal pixel of the original screen.  Indeed, maybe the 4
areas are not entirely identical, but 1/4 resolution and each offset by 1
pixel horizontally from the adjacent area to yield the same number of
pixels as were there in the original screen.

3.  Why exactly might this have anything to do with a 256-color mode?

Art