[Coco] Color Basic Renumber

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 28 03:55:35 EST 2015

On 28/01/2015 8:27 AM, Robert Gault wrote:

> There is one easy method. :)
>
> Super Extended Basic includes the RENUM command, so all you have to do
> is use it. If you are not using a Coco3, move the file to a Coco3
> emulator for renumbering and then move it back to your other Coco.
>
> Robert

Now that I have had time to try it again, I have had success using the
VCC emulator.

I used XROAR configured as a 4K Color Basic CoCo to create a CAS image
and saved my program to it. I tested the CAS file and confirmed that it
loads fine into XROAR (4K Color Basic) again.

I then started XROAR as a 64K Extended Basic system, attached the CAS
file, loaded my program fine but the file would not RENUM or even run.

Booted VCC and it loaded fine, also ran my program perfectly, allowed me
to RENUM and save back to a CAS which I loaded back into 4K Color Basic
configured XROAR.

I don't know what's went wrong. Either XROAR has a bug or the ECB Disk
ROM is faulty (although I typed a 5 line BASIC program and it RENUM'ed
correctly).

Weird. But, my job is done now and I'm happy.

Nick