[Coco] Cobbler and ERROR 244 on CoCoSDC

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 20:29:43 EST 2015

Ultimately, all "cobbler" should do is:

1. write out a BOOT track to track 34 (sector 264-276?).

2. write out OS9Boot and update LSN0 to point to it.

kutil reports "isn't bootable" - maybe because the disk is already used there.

I would think if I did both of those things, it would be bootable *provided* the CoCoSDC hardware was handling sectors correctly. When it sees a file that large, it interprets it as a hard drive so I don't know if the equivalent calls of DSKI$0,34,1 ... 34,18 would be reading the same sectors from the .DSK file.

I will work on this a bit tonight. I'll be in the IRC chatroom as well.

		-- A