[Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 00:35:03 EST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Huffman
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:54 PM
To: Bill Pierce ; CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] Building NitrOS-9 on Mac OS X

> On Jan 20, 2015, at 8:49 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> wrote:
>
> Allen, the toolshed build error on Cocofuse and warns on others. It's
> expected and OK.
> The needed files were built

I am stunned. Looking at this stuff, I see what looks like sources for the
ROMS, HDBDOS, and tons more. Amazing. I never would have imagined having
access to all of this when I was last using OS-9.

I expect I am now able to use the current nightly build — but what is the
CoCoSDC utility command? I see there is a low level drive and descriptors
(what is different from those descriptors versus using /d0 and /d1?)…

— Allen

I'm not an OS-9 user (maybe someday), but what is meant by "current nightly
build"?  Does someone from this list actively rebuild NitrOS9 so that each
day the files are different from the previous day?  What would be the reason
for this?  Wouldn't that be like Art reissuing ADOS every day with a few
changes?  I'm not putting this down, just trying to understand what is
happening behind the scenes.  Why does NitrOS9 need to be rebuilt so often?

Thanks!

--- Steve ---