[Coco] Reinventing the wheel: DSK images

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Jan 12 13:18:54 EST 2015

> On Jan 12, 2015, at 10:33 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> @Gene & Allen, Keith Alphonso put out a "Find" utility on one of his "Tools" disks in the early 90s. I use it all the time and it doesn't run out of stack space. I have used it (so far) on up to 120 meg drives (full to the rim) and no SP errors and it found what I was looking for.

I ran his OS-9 Level 2 BBS -- that's what got me in to OS-9 originally, I think.

No recursive built in to normal OS-9 tools? I guess I spent too much time with OSK/OS-9000.

I wasn't thinking of doing this for OS-9 files, since I expected there were already tools for finding duplicates, etc. and you can just dump everything on a hard drive image (as opposed to having 300 floppies of OS-9 software).

		-- A