[Coco] RF to VGA Converters...

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:18:52 EST 2015

Steve,

That is actually a nifty looking device :D

For cost effective though most of my VGA monitors I still have are
small and it would be more cost effective for me to get a more current
HD LCD TV that has the NTSC analog/ATSC RF tuner in it.  Which I know
for a fact that some of the newest 3D HD LCD TV's still support analog
RF because my brother got two 3D HD LCD TV's and one of them they are
running a original NES on it through the coax RF connector.

For the CoCo 1's I guess the best option would be the composite mod
and just run a composite cable to the back of the TV if your TV has a
composite input.  Another option like the CoCo3 would be the DE0-nano
project or even a NTSC encoder chip that can take the RGB and output
component video to use on the component inputs.  Yes I have seen this
working cause I have seen a Sega Genesis hooked to the component
inputs on the back of a current HD LCD TV.  The Sega Genesis has a
compatible RGB signal like the CoCo3 except the Sega Genesis has a
composite sync signal.  Which is perfect for the NTSC encoder chips I
have seen thus far.

This is just my 2cents worth of course :D  Take it how you will :D