[Coco] Disk recovery from I/O ERRORs

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 00:00:44 EST 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Huffman
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:10 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: [Coco] Disk recovery from I/O ERRORs

Does anyone know of a tool that will try to recover as many files as
possible from a corrupted floppy disk? As you may recall, the BACKUP command
will abort on an I/O error.

-- Allen

I have used CDM (Color Disk Manager) for most of my disk/file recovery
needs.  It allows you to copy sectors, tracks, files, etc.  It's also great
for altering those pesky filenames in disk headers that were OK for tape,
but illegal for disk, sometimes occurring when a tape to disk program was
used.

--- Steve O ---