[Coco] The COCO vs The Apple II

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 10 18:02:17 EST 2015

I don't know what it was like in the US but here, we can attribute many
computer sales at Radio Shack occuring because of "the computer nerd at
the store computer".

I sold many computers even though I wasn't an employee (TRS-80 Model and
CoCo) for the local store simply because the manager let me go whenever
I wanted to use the store computer. He actually encouraged it.

The manager had no idea of computers but when people saw this kid, who
had nothing to do with the store, using and programming the computer,
they were amazed and bought one so there kids could learn about computers.

People would ask me about the CoCo and I showed them the ease of
programming graphics and making sound with the CoCo (Extended Basic).

If I was a commision salesman, I would have made a killing. Instead, I
was doing the work and someone else was reaping the benefits.

Oh well, I didn't mind, I was showing off anyway!   :)

Nick