[Coco] CoCo2 PAL version service manual

univax!gatech!destroyer!trantor!kandur k at qdv.pw
Fri Jan 9 12:46:35 EST 2015

Used to repair large number ofCRT VDUs having several 40 pin dips,
like CPUs, character generators, etc. First I ground small side cutters to
narrow tips, that fit between the pins and cut them off one by one.
It was too slow and cumbersome. Then I used a Dermel cutting disc
to cut off the pins on each side, close to the case.
After that desoldered each pin individually, using solder wick or
solda-pult. Later attached an 1/8" thick copper strip to a 750 degs
Weller tip and desoldered 20 pins on each side, pulling them out at once.
If needed, some holes had to be cleaned out before a socket was installed.

Kandur