[Coco] Expanding 4K Coco Mem

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 2 15:30:30 EST 2015

On 3/01/2015 1:10 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> Just make a text file called "xroar.conf" (with contents from the wiki entry) and put it in the directory with your .exe and it will give you the 4K option.
>
> Or, (from xroar.pdf docs) open a CMD.EXE window and CD in to where the .exe/ROMs are, and type
>
> 	xroar -ram 4 -bas bas10 -noextbas -nodos
>
> Or, avoid command-line entirely, and from Windows, right-click on the xroar.exe and select "Create shortcut." That makes "xroar.exe - Shortcut" which you can rename to whatever you want and relocate it. Right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties". You will see "Target:" has the path to the .exe, and you can click there, go to the end of the line and add the options given above.
>
> Now you can have a shortcut called "XRoar 4K" or whatever and just double click and you don't need the menus.
>
> I will update CoCopedia.
>
> 		-- A

Whoohoo! That worked.

I had created the xroar.conf with the text from the wiki but this didn't
work.

So I made a shortcut and added the text in the properties and that
works.I now have a 4K Color Basic and a 64K/32K Extended Color Basic
shortcut. A bit "old school" but that's all that works and is available
it seems.

Pull down menu selections instead of config files and shortcut commands
would be more polished.

Now I see why I had no interest in a 4K Color Basic system back in the
day. It's so limiting. Tandy should never had gone that path but we know
that they did this to allow them to sell their computer for less then
hit you with the upgrade to 16K Extended Basic once your sanity was
almost gone.  :)

Nick