[Coco] Multipak redesign/replacement / New CoCo...

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Wed Feb 25 11:43:59 EST 2015

On Feb 24, 2015, at 6:15 PM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:

> According to the link I went to, there are 7 ground lines:
> 2,19,22,24,26,30,40 (all connected to the internal 40 ground lines)
> And, then pin 34 is removed
> Pin 20 is a key

All the discussion of how everything was tied together in the 80 pin cable made me curious how it was done, so I had to pull one apart and look. There's a 3rd row of pins down the middle, all as one strip of metal which *mostly* only connects to every other conductor in the ribbon cable. The strip has a little finger on it that connects to ground pins on the 40 pin header. I was hoping there might be an easy way to modify the connector by swapping fingers out, but clearly not without making a new center strip. Oh well.

http://imgur.com/a/6w89t

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com