[Coco] Another NitrOS-9 Newbie Question

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 23 18:42:38 EST 2015

Hello all,

I have NitrOS-9 running on my physical CoCo 3 system.  I have been able to type in a couple of simple BASIC-09 programs and get them to go.

I looked around for some OS-9 applications, and I tried Dynacalc downloaded from the Color Computer Archive, but I could not get it to go.

Here’s my latest newbie question:
If I have NitrOS-9 installed and running, should I be able to run applications that were originally designed to run on Tandy OS-9?

Some of the application .DSK files appear that they want to be the boot disk.  Dynacalc seems to be one of these.  I am pretty certain that my setup, with HDB-DOS and Drivewire probably cannot support booting a disk with Tandy OS-9 on it, so how might I get the application to load and run?

As always, thanks very much for any advice you may have to offer.

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110