[Coco] Need help with composite output for CoCo

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:34:09 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Zippster wrote:
> Hi Jamie,
>
> Flat screen or not you should get a picture if you are generating a valid composite
> signal.  Can you link the schematic of the circuit you’re using and pics of your installation?

The composite signal from a CoCo, if it is generated almost straight
from the 6847 like on the Dragon, might have trouble convincing modern
LCD TVs and monitors. An older LCD monitor with composite or S-video
input can be more forgiving. I cannot use my nice Dell 2007WPFb but my
Acer AL1731 works fine. A Samsung LCD TV that I tried did also not
work.

We have a little list here, probably not the same results on your
composite circuitry, but it gives an idea:
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index.php?title=Monitors

Tormod