[Coco] Getting into Tandy Color Computer 3, Suggestions and Info Needed

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:16:05 EDT 2015

Yes, it’s required for the RGB2VGA.

The DE-0 Nano is an FPGA development board.  This is what does the video
conversion to VGA.  The RGB2VGA board itself is an ADC/DAC board for the Nano.

In addition to CoCo3 15KHz RGB, the RGB2VGA and Nano combination will also
convert Apple ][ composite to VGA (with artifacts), as well as several other RGB/RGBI
systems.

The RGB2VGA is a project created by Luis Antoniosi.  He did an excellent job on
this converter.  Some minor improvements have been made; the resistor values
on the DAC portion (Roger Taylor), and I cleaned up and rerouted the PCB layout
for this run.  The overall design and FPGA code are all Luis (CoCoDemus).

Some info here…
<https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/rgb2vga <https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/rgb2vga>>

- Ed