[Coco] VCC Released To Open Source Project !!!

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 23:55:07 EDT 2015

After all the discussion of releasing VCC to an open source project, I logged in to Brians tandycoco.com forum today and low and behold, Joseph Forgeone (original Vcc author) had signed in and posted that he had uploaded his new Vcc 2.00 and it's sources to Source Forge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcce/

There are binaries as well as sources. The new version requires you have the "Coco3.rom", "disk11.rom" and/or "rgbdos/hdbdos.rom" in the install folder as he has removed the roms for "copyright" purposes. You will have to provide your own roms. The roms from "Mess" will work fine :-)

Joseph inadvertantly loaded all the files to the "downloads" section of the site and not the sources area. We hope to soon be moving this to GitHub and start an actual "project" to convert Vcc to multi-platform.

On another note, Erik Gavriluk (ColorMax and ColorMax Deluxe) has already converted a version to compile on Visual Studio 2015 (Community version "free"), so progress is already being made!

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2F449zfrrtymy3r8i%2Fvcc.zip%3Fdl%3D0&h=LAQHLg2MP

Hopefully, we will see some good things come of this !!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com