[Coco] Mechanical keyboard upgrades for the CoCo

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Aug 21 16:00:01 EDT 2015

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 12:55 , Michael Brant <brant.michael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Camillus, I would be willing to pay that much personally for at least 1 of
> them.  Possible a second one to have as a backup.

Keep in mind that the price he mentioned was just for the keycaps, as I understand it. The keyswitches, custom PCB, bezel and (optional) metal frame would add to that.

The MX keyswitches are available in two versions; one is simply designed to be soldered to a PCB for both electrical and structural support, while the other is designed to be mechanically mounted in a sheet metal frame for structural support, with the PCB just providing the electrical connections. The former scheme is generally cheaper, and the latter is generally more rigid if there isn't some other means of providing  mechanical support for the keyboard.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/