[Coco] Mechanical keyboard upgrades for the CoCo

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Fri Aug 21 14:53:32 EDT 2015

Way back in the day, actually in the early 70's
I bought my very first keyboard, a surplus Cherry  keyboard.
It was beautiful, great feel and travel, quiet but positive clicks,
the keytops looked like  shinny black jewels, with molded in, large white letters.
It was an ASCII keyboard, like most of the surplus keyboards those days.

The only reason I would spend big bucks for new mylars, etc.
or drop in Coco keyboard clones, if I wanted to sell my Coco,
as a "100% working, original, unmodified" Coco.
Other then that, I would prefer to use an off the shelf,
inexpensive USB or PS2 keyboard, with an interface,
that plugs into the Coco's keyboard socket.
This may even work with a KVM switch to share it with
my PC's present, well placed keyboard.
Haven't looked yet, but sure such an interface could be had,
for far less then the $200, $300 prices bandied about here.

Kandur