[Coco] old newbie on the list

BlameTroi blametroi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:10:34 EDT 2015

Hi. BlameTroi is Troy Brumley. I was an avid coco user back in the day and
wrote articles for Color Computer News, Rainbow, and Color Micro Journal. I
wrote a macro key assembler program as my first serious article in Color
Computer News. I can't remember the name of the hard sectored DOS from a
guy in Arizona, but that was my first set of disks for my coco. I even did
the soldered upgrade to 32K :)

I can't find any of my old stuff digitized, and my paper copies are long
gone after a messy divorce :(

I got kicked out of the workforce a couple of years ago (disability) and as
I cast about for something to do, I discovered that retro computing is a
thing. Right now I'm most seriously looking at relearning Forth but want to
start watching the coco community as well. As it was back in the day, all
the attention seems to go to the more successful but less interesting
systems, so I was surprised to find much of anything on the coco. There's
some kickstarter for a C64 book, wtf :)

L8r,

Troy.