[Coco] Run of RGB2VGA boards

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Fri Aug 14 11:01:12 EDT 2015

Ed,

Here is my 2 cents idea.

If you're using th RGB2VGA only for the Coco (Why anyone here would use
other computer, like an MSX or Amiga? :-)) you don't need all the
components of the project.

Some of them are quite expensive like:

   - the LM 1881 (and the socket)
   - one of the VGA connectors (you'll need only the output),
   - the capacitors

In this case you can do a cheaper "RGB2VGA light" (same board, without some
components).

For CoCo owners it doesn't matter. I don't know how much the unneeded cost,
but it will save some bucks in the price (and soldering time) for sure.

Here in Brazil I found a plastic box perfect for the project. Unfortunately
it sells only here. On the site you can find it here (with specifications).
Maybe someone can print it.

http://www.patola.com.br/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=58
(mine is black and grey. I never found the white model)

I have two boards: one fully soldered and another one without the Chip.
Both give the very same (high quality) video.

Great job in making a RGB2VGA batch!