[Coco] Run of RGB2VGA boards

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Aug 14 05:58:29 EDT 2015

Sorry to contradict, but a Commodore 128 uses RGBI, an Amiga (any model) uses analog RGB with a 0.7 volt video signal with characteristics nearly identical to the CoCo 3's RGB signal except the Amiga's video connector has a composite sync output with a standard level composite sync where as the CoCo 3 has only separate positive  pulse H and V sync available on the RGB connector with a very low output voltage. I should know, I have an Amiga 2000, an Amiga 3000, and until very recently an Amiga 4000. The 4000 stopped working a few months agp :(. The 3000 actually has a builtin VGA scan doubler that enables it to output a signal with a 30khz scan rate compatible with most VGA monitors on it's 15 pin VGA connector. The other Amiga models only output 15khz analog RGB video similar to the CoCo 3. I also own a Commodore 128 so I am familiar with it's video out as well.