[Coco] NitrOS-9/OS-9 feature suggestion

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sun Aug 9 12:41:25 EDT 2015

Doing timezones correctly is *hard*. Not only do you have changing
offsets from UTC, but you have all the random rules for handling DST or
not depending on the location. And the best part is that the specific
handling of time zones also depends on the specific time being handled
since the definitions change over time.

There is a crazy amount of data related to timezones that is kept by
Linux and other systems. Linux has no idea where it is located. The time
zone is set by simply selecting a time zone which selects a specific
data file to be used for identifying all the rules for figuring out the
local time.