[Coco] TANO Dragon 64 Prototype...

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sun Aug 9 02:04:32 EDT 2015

Al Hartman wrote:
> What makes you say that it has a Dragon 32 keyboard?
>
> It looks just like every other TANO keyboard I have photos of. It has a '$'
> over the '4' key, not a pound sign.

Well not so much specifically Dragon 32, but all Dragon 32s and the very
early 64s had the keyboard that sat deep in the case, secured by a couple
of plastic widgets.  The later version had a metal back and was mounted
on posts.  You can tell from outside as the typeface differs slightly.

Here's pics of my Tano for comparison:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/tano/

I see your prototype also hasn't had the RF shielding paint job.

> Thank you for the link to the Masterpack file. Now, I need to figure out how
> to get this over to my Dragon.

Ah that's only in CAS form so you'll need something to spit out a WAV
(which won't have any silence, just leader in between the various
programs).

cas2wav here: http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/#castools

Or zephyr from the archive built a version for Windows here:

http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=354

(Alternatively load each into XRoar or similar and CSAVE them out again
to a WAV file - they're all BASIC programs...)

I'll try and locate the little introduction sheet that came with it,
though I don't think there was anything on it that would actually help
you use the programs!

..ciaran