[Coco] Cross Post from FB Page..Disk Basic Programming Question...

Steve Batson steve_batson at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 17:35:21 EDT 2015

Art,

I was asked for clarification of my question on the FB page and your question confirms I was not very clear.

I want to be able programmatically start capturing anything that is going to the screen to a file. My interest is only text, so no worry about about graphics. So lets say I wanted my program to do a DIR or LIST command, I'd like send all of the screen output from those commands to a file. If not a a file, to an array (which probably is the better approach since the data could be parsed and cleaned up before storing in a file). I'd take either. Does this make sense?

To add to that, I'd want to have this work in standard Disk Basic including Assembly if necessary. I would want to portable between CoCo so I'm not having to worry about ADOS or other custom dos installed.