[Coco] Color Computer (1) Power Switch

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Aug 3 21:47:41 EDT 2015

Hey,

Does anybody know of a source for a pin-compatible power switch for the
original silver CoCo?  I have a pretty nice looking 4K CoCo that has a
broken power switch -- the plastic post that runs through the center of
it, on which the external power button goes, is broken off like a
quarter of the way into the housing, and missing.  Of course it's broken
in the 'off' position.  I'd like to get this running again without doing
something ugly to it.  Somewhere I have the power switch from a CoCo 3
that I un-soldered back when repacking them in a mini tower case was all
the rage, but I haven't been able to turn it up and I'm not confident
that it's a drop-in replacement for the one in the CoCo 1.  Anybody else
had (and solved) this problem?  If I can get it working it may go in an
exhibit of classic computers at a local maker space for a few weeks.  I
wouldn't dream of doing such a display without a CoCo, but we want these
machines running, not just static displays.

JCE