[Coco] Four floppy drives?

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Mon Aug 3 03:25:07 EDT 2015

I do not understand how the 4th drive could ever be accessed as double sided since the drive select line for the 4th drive is the same line that is used for side select unless you used some custom circuitry and device drivers like I did to get 8 drives working. There would be two problems. First, how would you select side two on the fourth drive? Secondly, any time you selected side 2 on any other drive, you would turn on and select drive 4 as well. Please explain. I'm not saying it can't be done, I got 8 drives working, but I did it by building a cable with a custom drive select circuit, and rewriting the OS-9 floppy driver.