[Coco] OS-9 loading NEW WAY

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:33:21 EDT 2015

My more-or-less normal installation of Nitros9 works fine with my
partition tables. I just had to manually change my /dd descriptor to
match the partition table's offset.  Boisy's Superdriver layer allows
for a pre-filesystem offset.  It would be nice to modifiy SuperDriver
to automagically read the partition table, though.   Another, "easy"
way of allowing automatic Nitros9 configuration of hd partitions would
be to have the booter (i.e. CoCoBoot)... make or mod the /dd and
friends on-the-fly at boot (rather than loading them from OS9Boot ).

Maybe the OP might have been refering to David Ladd's nitros9 ROM
booter?  It's another "floppy-less" way of booting Nitros9, and a
touch more traditional that my approach,   I think his work is
somewhere in the Nitros Repo....

-Brett