[Coco] Some "docs" for Zap 1.0

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 11:21:26 EDT 2015

Gene, just click the "ghosted" 'X' anyway. It will close and the (also ghosted) download button will work.
Dropbox does not spam!. It's just an honest offer to join dropbox. I have been signed to Dropbox for almost 5 years now and I think I've received 3 or 4 emails from them, two or three of which were to inform me that my free space had been expanded and the others were to inform me of new features or updates.
There are NO ads on a Dropbox page of any kind. Also, the downloads can be directly linked (if done properly), therefore bypassing the download page entirely.
The Client mode of Dropbox can be turned on and off, allowing you to turn it on only when you need to update from client to server (or reverse).

All of my downloads on my website are dropbox links and 75% of the website pictures originate from my dropbox and I've never had one person complain about spam or ads because there are none. The 2 links to dropbox that are on my website were put there by me as anyone clicking those links and creating an account, I get more free space.
All my Coco/OS9 software projects that use my unique DW4 "Internet Updater" feature also use dropbox as the update FTP. My DB account is currently at 3.25 gig of free space. I can put a LOT of Coco files there :-)

And Kelly... If you want a direct link to your files to the list, bypassing the "download" page, just open the folder in your local copy and "right-click" the file (client must be running) and select "Copy Public Link", then "paste" it to your email and you get a direct link to the file without the download page.... just a normal download. The client does not have to be running for the download to work, only to create the link. Example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23059963/Stuff/My%20Favorite%20OS9%20Utilities.dsk

That's all there is to it :-)

Dropbox's commercial accounts are relitively cheap. For $10 a month, you get 1 TB of secure space. The more space, the cheaper the cost.
It's one of the best online "cloud" services I've found and it has never given me problems.
And if you want to sign up for Dropbox, use the link below and I get more free space :-)

http://db.tt/8F3bMxCT

Thanks :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia