[Coco] networking

Hugo Dufort hugo at seshat.ca
Thu Apr 16 10:00:50 EDT 2015

A few years ago (back in 2003-2004) I have written a tiny but robust
HTML parser for an embedded system. It didn't use any complex parsing
stack, and no regex at all. I don't know if it's been done for the
Coco3. In theory, you could display HTML documents as text, within
certain size and attribute limitations (as in the Lynx browser).

Managing HTTP connections would be more of a challenge though. Not
having to download images, CSS and multimedia means a single connection
per page displayed (e.g. no parallel connections to manage) so maybe
this would not be so tough with the single-threaded Coco3.

Having no TCP-IP support on the Coco means that you'd have to program an
IPX bridge (or another simple protocol).

Projects such as Contiki have targeted 6502 platforms:
http://www.contiki-os.org/hardware.html

Hugo

Le 2015-04-15 23:18, Michael Brant a écrit :
> I recently saw a video on hooking a Commodore 64 up to a BBS.
>
> So it got me thinking are there any CoCo bulletin Boards out there and what
> hardware config would one need to connect these days.

---