[Coco] OS/9 Command to gain keyboard control from script

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 03:15:03 EDT 2015

I've built Bob's SysGo for NitrtOS9 and use it on my system and it works perfect.
You can specify several directories to be in the path and never worry about setting them except when you change disks. It works rea well for an HD. I can stick my games in one location, my apps in another, and my utilities in cmds.

That's where the idea Stephen mentiond about making sure the CMDS dir is in the exact same location on every disk. I used to do this as well.
I would put a copy of "OS9Boot" on every disk after formatting, then makdir /ddCMDS. then delete OS9Boot. You have to use the same boot you're booting with so it's the same size.
Then every disk I put in, the cmds dir was in the same LSN so I didn't have to reset it. Since I don't use floppies anymore, I haven't done this in ages.

If you want a copy of Bob's SysGo, I have the sources that can be built in OS9 with ASM.
I also added a custom boot screen that can be modified. There's also several on RTSI with various mods.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com