[Coco] coco 2 vs coco 3

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Sep 29 17:14:20 EDT 2014

There were at least a dozen Commodore 64-centric magazines in the US alone,
several of which featured plenty of BASIC and Machine Language listings,
not to mention all of the generic magazines like Family Computing. I really
don't think the C-64 is the best example for your argument because it did
everything on a scale that no other computer could touch thanks to that
insane user base (and particularly when its successor, the C-128/C-128D/DCR
was considered a "failure," despite selling more than nearly any other
8-bit computer SERIES all by itself).

Also, to be fair, the CoCo wasn't particularly great at game playing, so
naturally fewer people would buy it to play games when most of the action
for better part of the 80s was happening on the C-64 and Apple II sides. I
think a far better comparison is with the Atari 8-bit computer series,
since that at least had roughly equivalent lifetime user bases with the
CoCo series.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and