[Coco] coco 2 vs coco 3

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Sep 29 15:08:17 EDT 2014

Certainly superior. If it wasn't for the CoCo3, I would have moved on
from the CoCo. I recall back in '85 that I was evaluating the then new
MSX systems. I almost bought a Sega SC-3000 (which wasn't strictly MSX)
but when I heard that the CoCo3 was coming out, I stopped to check it out.

The vastly improved graphics modes, 512k RAM, andvanced interrupt
handling and higher clock speed sold me.

I saw great potential in the CoCo3 and the fact it was available in so
many Tandy/Radio Shack stores worldwide made me stick with the Radio
Shack line.

I know many of us mock Radio Shack but we must acknowledge that they
kept the CoCo alive for just over 10 years which is pretty good when
compared to many other 8 bit systems of the time.

Nick